24 March 2012

Spylab – Facade


I carry a little piece of paper
Everywhere I go in my pocket somewhere.
It's got some words on it,
And everytime I get tired or lonesome,
Or... little cross...
To get my back up,
I pull this little piece of paper out
And I look at these words...
And they mean... mean much to me...
I asked God for strenght that I might achieve,
I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health that I might do greater things,
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
I asked for riches that I might be happy,
I was given poverty that I might be wise.
I asked for all things that I might enjoy in life,
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
I was given nothing I had asked for,
But everything I had hoped for.
So despite myself my prayers were answered
I am among all men most richly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment